Live Scan Instructions for TrustLine Applicants Associated with Nanny Agencies, Transport Escort Services and Ancillary Child Care Centers
1. Complete the TrustLine Application/Live Scan form (TLR 2 or TLR 4) and the TrustLine Registry Criminal Record Statement form (TLR 508). Staff working at an ancillary child care center (i.e. child care offered at a health club) must use the TLR 4 TrustLine Application form. All other TrustLine applicants including but not limited to babysitters, nannies, and transport escort service staff, should use the TLR 2 TrustLine Application form.
2. Call Safran/MorphoTrust, USA at 1-800-315-4507 or visit the Safran/MorphoTrust Online Enrollment page and click the blue “Online Scheduling” link to obtain the Live Scan location nearest to you and to schedule an appointment to get your fingerprints scanned.
3. Calling to Schedule Your Fingerprint Appointment
- Call 1-800-315-4507 and tell the Safran/MorphoTrust, USA Live Scan operator that you are applying for TrustLine, that your application requires that you pay a fee, and that you are a “TrustLine Registry Employee.”
- The Safran/MorphoTrust, USA operator will ask you to provide information from the TrustLine application so that the information will be in the computer when you arrive at your fingerprinting appointment.
4. Take the completed TrustLine Registry Application and payment as indicated on page 2 under “How to Apply, Payment to Live Scan Site” with you to your appointment. Have the technician who scans your prints complete the box at the bottom of the application form. This form will be the only receipt and evidence you have that your fingerprints were submitted. The completed, signed TrustLine Registry Application form along with the Criminal Record Statement form needs to be mailed along with a check in the appropriate amount (see the “Payment to CDSS” Section in the table at the bottom of page 2 of the application form). Checks should be made payable to CA Department of Social Services and sent to the address in Box 10 of the TrustLine Registry Application Form.
Scheduling Your Fingerprint Appointment Online
- Begin the registration process and enter your name. Then enter the ORI number in the field provided. The ORI number can be found in Box 15 on the application form.
- Choose the “TrustLine Employee (Voluntary TrustLine) Applicant” applicant type.
- You do not have a DOJ Billing Number so please skip that field. Skip the next screen as these questions do not apply to your TrustLine application.
- Enter your zip code to determine the closest fingerprinting location to you. If none of these locations is convenient for you, please go to #3 below.
- If there is a convenient MorphoTrust location, schedule your appointment.
5. If there is not an Safran/MorphoTrust, USA location near you, contact your local Police Department or Sheriff’s office and request an appointment to get your fingerprints scanned. Law enforcement agencies require two copies of TrustLine Application form or Request for Live Scan Service form (TLR 9163A). Some law enforcement sites will require use of the TLR 9163A Request for Live Scan Service form, so take both the TrustLine Registry Application form as well as the Request for Live Scan Service form with you when you get fingerprinted. Make sure that on both the TrustLine application from, in the Live Scan section, and on the TLR 9163A form the Applicant Type is listed as “TrustLine Registry Employee.” Make sure you take two copies of the completed TrustLine Application form and two copies of the TLR 9163A Live Scan form with you to the appointment. There will be a fingerprint rolling fee of $10 – $25. The Live Scan form needs to be signed by the individual who rolls your prints.
6. The completed, signed TrustLine Registry Application form along with the Criminal Record Statement form, and if used, the Live Scan form TLR 9163A needs to be mailed along with a check in the appropriate amount (see the “Payment to CDSS” Section in the table at the bottom of page 2 of the application form) to CDSS. Checks should be made payable to CA Department of Social Services and sent to the address in Box 10 of the TrustLine Registry Application Form.
7. Please be aware that the Safran/MorphoTrust, USA operator only schedules fingerprint appointments. They do not have any information about TrustLine.
8. For questions or to obtain additional information about TrustLine call 1-800-822-8490.